Almost everyone has clutter in their homes, and they do not know what to do with it. You might not want to get rid of everything as many other posts suggest, but you don’t know where to put it all. The following tips will make it simple for you to keep your possessions, not only keep them away but also organize them so that they are easy to find.
Why An Organized House Is Important
There is a saying that goes like this: “An organized house is a sign of a healthy mind.” Whether it’s your physical or mental health, a clean and organized living space is essential. A well-organized house gives you peace of mind and helps you stay productive and focused on your tasks. Aside from helping you get more done in less time, a well-maintained home has the following benefits:
- It helps to clear your mind: One thing that can help clean a house is to make sure you have everything in its place. This allows your mind to become more focused and your tasks easier to complete.
- Saves you time: Imagine how much time you will save by not running around looking for every little thing. When everything has its place, and everything is in its place, it becomes far easier to find the things you are searching for all the time.
- Provides you with flexibility: Another side effect of saving time is becoming more flexible with your schedule.
- Boosts your creativity: A clean house promotes creativity by enabling you to think outside the box, let go of old ideas and move on to more creative thoughts and ideas.
- Organizing sets a good example: If you have children, ensuring your home is neat and tidy will undoubtedly set a great example. Your children will learn to value things if they see that you value them.
- Boosts your self-esteem: A clean home makes you feel proud of yourself. As a bonus, receiving compliments when you invite friends over is always a good ego booster!
- Organizing your home makes you love it: You will learn to appreciate the house you live in when you begin to take care of it.
- Strengthens family relationships: When one person in a relationship is messy and the other tidy, it can cause friction. It’s beneficial for your relationship if you learn how to tidy up after yourself.
Tips For Organizing And Tidying Your Home
You might be wondering what you need to do to maintain a tidy house now that you know the benefits of having one. The following tips are best used in conjunction with each other, but don’t worry if you cannot follow all of them; the important thing is to start and get into a good cleaning habit.
People are unaware that they can store many things in overhead space, which is the most unused space. By utilizing your ceiling space for lesser-used items, you will free up an enormous amount of easy-to-access space for things you need every day. This type of storage is best placed in your garage, where you will often have a lot of space and better access to the ceiling. You need to look for a product that stores totes on your garage ceiling in a way that organizes items that you perhaps only access once a season. This might be winter gear, Christmas decorations, and so on. After installing a clean tote storage solution, you’ll wonder how you ever got along without one.
Vacuum Sealing Bags
Do you possess a lot of clothing that you don’t want to give away and takes up a lot of space? For example, you might have winter jackets that you don’t use for half of the year or even thick comforters that you only break out during the winter months. If this is the case, you might benefit from using vacuum sealing packs. These bags are reusable and can be used to store clothing and other malleable items. You seal the bag and then suck out the air using a vacuum cleaner, creating a vacuum inside the bag. You can typically reduce the size by half using these bags. In addition to saving space, they also serve another purpose, to keep your clothes fresh. Additional benefits of vacuum sealing include extending the lifespan and ensuring that your clothes stay dry and clean. It also keeps your clothes from getting musty or smelling moldy. Furthermore, vacuum sealing gives you a sense of security that your clothes will stay clean for more extended periods than if they’re stored in a draw or closet.
Utilize Under Bed Storage
It is possible that you already use the space underneath your bed, but if not, you are wasting an opportunity. You can store the vacuum-sealed bags under your bed, as mentioned in the previous point, under your bed, or you can create an entirely new storage system. If you are pretty DIY savvy, you can easily assemble a storage system that can hold a wide variety of bulky items. If not, you can usually purchase under-bed storage solutions from most hardware stores. This storage is best used for things like bedding and pillows for the bed itself. These items are typically extraordinarily bulky and can take up an entire cabinet by themselves. So, by using the free space beneath your bed, you will have a lot more cabinet space for other uses.
Recycle Old Filing Cabinets
You would be surprised at the amount of space a filing has in such a small footprint. Not only that, but you can easily organize items inside it and keep them safe using the provided lock. However, who has an old filing cabinet at home? It’s a good question, as most houses will not have random filing cabinets lying around. Nevertheless, you can often find second-hand ones by searching online and often for a fraction of the price of a new one. Once you have one, you can store necessary paperwork and documentation or simply use it to stow away other things like kids’ toys, magazines, and anything else cluttering up your house.
There are many reasons to keep your house neat and tidy, ranging from boosting self-confidence to saving time. Fortunately, there are lots of storage solutions for even the messiest individuals. A clean home is essential for a happy, simple life.